Following consultation, the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published version 3 of the Transaction Reporting User Pack (TRUP), which became effective on 1 March 2012.
According to the FCA, the new version of the TRUP:
- updates the document to remove historical information that is no longer relevant
- updates references and incorporates guidelines published by the Committee of European Securities Regulators
- incorporates guidance published elsewhere and guidance issued since version 2 of the TRUP
- provides clarification on areas raised by firms and trade bodies and where it is helpful in assisting the FCA to conduct its market abuse monitoring
You can download the full version of the TRUP from the FCA's website.
The FCA recommends that any questions regarding its content be addressed to the Transaction Monitoring Unit at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7066 6040.
Xtrakter's review of the TRUP
Xtrakter has reviewed the TRUP on behalf of its clients. Our general assessment is that the revised content does not represent a substantial change over the previous version of the TRUP and is intended to provide clarification on certain areas.
As part of our review we have:
- summarised any sections which we believe are relevant to our client firms
- highlighted issues which we have escalated to the FCA for clarification on behalf of our user community
View Xtrakter's TRUP version 3 review summary