FIMA brings together over 400 senior data management executives from across the buy side and sell side, all striving to improve data quality, move towards EDM (Enterprise-wide Data Management), reduce operational risk and remain compliant to new and existing regulations.
If you’re heading up or working within reference data projects, FIMA will ensure you return to your organisation better equipped to manage your key data challenges.
A View From The Top: Uncovering Metrics That Gain Top-Level Attention
- Examining what CEO’s are looking for to help them make the tough decisions on whether to invest $/£/€ in data management
- Uncovering business issues through metrics
- How big a problem you have with your data
- Understanding the implications of it from a business and risk perspective
- Using metrics to verify, validate and prioritize your business objectives
Understanding And Quantifying The Downstream Impact Of Bad Data In Order To Drive Company-Wide Commitment To Reference Data Projects
- To what extent can bad data impact processes such as trade execution, valuation, risk & compliance, clearance & settlement, and pre and post trade analysis?
- How can you put a value on its impact in terms of workflow disruptions, capital charges, manual intervention, penalties and fines, and compliance?
- How can you best ‘package’ the quantifiable impact into a format that gives you the attention you need from the Board?
Effectively Managing Your Golden Copy Through Effective and Standardised Data Integration
- Creating internal standards and ownership models
- Implementing internal, group wide standards for data entry to ensure information quality
- Establishing a data quality framework that will ensure transparency of downstream system errors
- Golden Copy through business transformation and technology innovation
Overcoming The Challenges Of Managing Data In A Turbulent Financial Market
- Assessing how bad the credit crunch has impacted financial data management projects and initiatives
- Mastering budget reallocation and staff cut backs: ensuring data quality remains the priority
- Reducing risk within your business through greater self auditing and compliance checks
- Gaining competitive advantage while your competitor reduces their efforts: why pushing ahead with data projects in times of uncertainty will add value to your bottom line long term
Managing A Golden Copy Repository In Practice: How To Ensure Different Departments With Different Data Needs Use A Single Source
- How can the widely diverse needs of different departments be reconciled with a single Golden Copy repository?
- What steps can you take to prevent different departments from keying in data manually?
- How can you create the necessary interfaces with different departments if they are not willing to allocate a budget for it?
Getting The Best Out Of Your Staff: Effectively Managing The Data Managers
- Linking highly skilled data managers as a competitive advantage
- Creating career paths with set goals and timelines for promotion
- Best practices in staff training, motivation and performance reviews
- Overcoming the challenge of staff retention within data management
Establishing Data Quality Initiatives To Improve Reporting & Compliance
Understanding how regulations affect data applications
Basel II, KYC, SOX, AML, Patriot Act, Reg NMS, etc.
Creating an efficient data infrastructure that supports operational efficiency and regulatory reporting
Proving best execution
Verifying your transactions
Managing your risk
Providing transparent audit trails
- Meeting emerging regulatory requirements without compromising data quality and integrity
- Abstaining from diverting resources for short-term solutions